GAME JAM RULES
- Open to USA, UK, Canada, and Europe. Void where prohibited.
- Must be 18 or older or have verified Parental/Guardian consent. No Sexual, hateful, harmful, nefarious or otherwise inappropriate content allowed.
- ThePLAYcoin team has the right to disallow entries on a per case basis.
- English language games only
- No inclusion of anything that breaks a law or violates someone’s rights. Example: No likenesses allowed.
- Must use legally licensed software, content, and process.
- All content used must have licensing/rights reserved or copyright for use. If you aren’t sure if you can use it, then don’t use it.
- Each team accepts and agrees to not hold PLAY liable for any and all aspects of this event.
- If a person or team feels issue with the process, then the team agrees to silently depart from the event without further mention of the event.
- No bad behavior. No ill will. Before, during and after.
HERE’S THE PROCESS
Three-step application process:
- Form application - reviewed by the PLAY Team, ‘good’ applications move forward
- Pitch review video
- VOTING will be based on a mix of judge votes and community votes. Any attempts to create fake accounts for the sake of voting will result in the game being removed from consideration.
Instead of pure community votes, VOTING will be based on a mix of judge votes and community votes. Any attempts to create fake accounts for the sake of voting will result in the game being removed from consideration.
Teams get 2 weeks to develop game from scratch, but are allowed to use any template or asset in the Unity Asset Store (and ONLY the Unity Asset Store)
6 update videos during the weeks, Monday - Wednesday - Friday, 1 hour live streams
Final show, 2-hour final presentation of the game, live voting, with winner determined LIVE at the end of the show
ALL games suitable for release will have the option to publish on the upcoming PlayArcade site and be integrated with Rally Creator Coin for monetization
1st Place Pitch $1,000
2nd Place Pitch $500
3rd Place Pitch $100
1st Place Game $5,000
2nd Place Game $2,000
3rd Place Game $1,500
4th Place Game $1,000
5th Place Game $500
ThePLAYCoin.com and PLAY's projects are not sponsored by or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its' affiliates. Unity Trademarks are registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere.